Saturday, September 25, 2010

What a bust!

So...I set out today to try a new Chicken Soup recipe.  Well, let me say that this one was a definite F-L-O-P!!  LMAO, yes, even Faerie GothMother has cauldron mis-fires now & then.  It all started out sooo good & my house smelled yummylicious...then I added the Yucca.  I've eaten Yucca before, but had never cooked with it.  I  figured that it would take the place of potatoes (since I was out of them).  I dutifully peeled & chopped my yucca & added it to the pot.  3 hours later, it was still not done.  I finally gave up.  My soup cooked too long & my veggies were mushy (except for the yucca which is still not done ;o)

I'm gonna try again next weekend, but this time I'm going to cook the yucca separately earlier in the day & add it to my soup at the last minute just to heat it through.  I'll letcha know how it comes out.  *sigh*

For those who don't know...Yucca is a root vegetable common in latin dishes.  It tastes like a potato, only a little milder.  The Puerto Rican restaurants serve it drizzled with a garlic butter.  OMG!  It's scrumptious!!  The first time I had it, my friend Evelyn had taken me to Pollo Tropical, which is kind of like a Puerto Rican McDonald's (only better).  The food there was delish!  (I would recommend trying the yucca & the roasted chicken).

No comments:

Post a Comment